Delivery Robots Market by Type (Semi-Autonomous Robots and Fully Autonomous Robots), Capacity (Up to 10 Kg, 10-50 Kg, and above 50 Kg); Component (Hardware and Software); End User (Retail, Food & Beverages, Postal, Healthcare, and Others): Global Market Size Estimates and Forecast (2022–2030)
The delivery robots market is expected to cross US$ 302.47 million in 2022 and is projected to hit US$ 986.72 million by 2030, recording a CAGR of 26.7% during the forecast period.
Growing population and demand of e-commerce business
Increasing use of autonomous delivery vehicles for enhanced consumer experience compared to existing delivery modes, the requirement for improved efficiency in processes, logistics, and recent advancements in technology are the key factors driving the growth of the delivery robots market. Also, the rising growth of the e-commerce industry is expected to offer a potential opportunity for the delivery robots market growth. However, growth in unemployment rates along with incidences of robot malfunctions are the factors that may hinder the delivery robots market growth to a certain extent. Also, with advancements in technology, the delivery robot manufacturing companies are focusing on integrating data analytics platform in these robotic systems to offer enhanced features.
Within the report, the delivery robots market is segmented into type, capacity, component, end user, and geography. By type, the market is further segmented into semi-autonomous robots and fully autonomous robots. Based on the component, the market is divided into hardware and software. Based on end user, the market is divided into retail, food & beverages, postal, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South & Central America, and Middle East & Africa.
E-commerce have created a massive opportunity for the market
Delivery robots are designed and programmed to transport the couriers, food, shipments, and other such objects from one destination to another by leveraging onboard GPS & connectivity or some other guiding technology. Deliver robots are integrated with cameras, motors, sensors, and GPS that are used to move and guide these robots. Various companies including Amazon, UPS, and DHL among others have been testing robots to deliver parcels.
Growth of the e-commerce market globally
There are numerous giant online retailers globally, along with emerging ones. Even some giant offline retailers are going online because people worldwide have started preferring online shopping owing to the huge discount and smooth delivery at their doorstep. The booming e-commerce industry is also beneficial for the delivery robots market growth. In the online retail market, shipping is one of the key differentiators for e-commerce companies. For instance, Amazon Prime has set a benchmark with a promise of same-day or next-day delivery. Delivery robots can carry out deliveries according to the requirements of consumers. It is estimated that 72% of shoppers will shop more if the same-day delivery option is available.
Recent strategic developments in the delivery robots market
The delivery robots market has undergone several significant developments, and a few of these have been mentioned below:
- In September 2020, Starship Technologies partnered with Save Mart Companies to launch an on-demand grocery delivery service to its customers. Save Mart Companies is the first grocer in the US to partner with Starship Technologies.
- In August 2020, JD.com acquired a controlling stake in China-based express transport company, Kuayue Express Group. As a result of this acquisition, JD Logistics, the logistics arm of JD.com, will work with Kuayue Express, a firm regarded as a front-runner in the limited-time express service, which is integral to the idea of same- and next-day delivery of JD.com.
The delivery robots market is driven by several players by implementing strategic activities such as investments, new launches, mergers & acquisitions, and partnerships. ABB; Elip_Ort; Kiwibot; Nuro, Inc.; and Robby are among the prominent players operating in the market.
The target audience for the report:
- Raw material providers
- Robots providers
- Delivery robots providers
- Delivery robots -related service providers
- Delivery robots associations, organizations, forums, and alliances
- Government bodies, such as regulating authorities and policymakers
- Venture capitalists, private equity firms, and start-up companies
- Delivery component suppliers
- Delivery robots and electronic distributors and sales firms
- End users of delivery robots
- Research institutes, organizations, and consulting companies
Scope of the report:
- Semi-Autonomous Robots
- Fully Autonomous Robots
- Up to 10 Kg
- 10-50 Kg
- above 50 Kg
- End User:
- Food & Beverages
- North America
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Rest of the World
- Companies profiled
- Nuro, Inc.
- Companies profiled
- Nuro, Inc.