Autonomous Last Mile Delivery Market By Platform (Aerial Delivery Drones, Ground Delivery Vehicle), Payload Weight (Below 5 Kilograms, 5-10 Kilograms, Above 10 Kilograms), Range (Short Range (Less Than 20 Kilometers), Long Range (Above 20 Kilometers)) and Geography: Global Market Size Estimates and Forecast (2022-2030)
The market crossed US$ 1.0 billion mark in 2022 and is expected to hit US$ 4.9 billion by 2030, recording a CAGR of 21.5% during the forecast period.
Autonomous Last Mile Delivery Market to rise with Surging Demand For Increased Use Of Low-Cost and Light Payload Drones For Product Delivery
Venture capitalists have provided cash to a number of firms so they can use aerial drones to distribute their goods. Drones with a small payload and a low cost are used by businesses like Flirtey and Matternet, Inc. to efficiently transport their little packages. Growing investments in the aerial delivery drone sector are anticipated to improve the first- and last-mile logistics networks' operational effectiveness. A decline in robotics investment is predicted due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, political ambiguity surrounding the so-called Brexit, and the 2020 presidential election.
The Autonomous Last Mile Delivery Market is experiencing a Increased Usage of Autonomous Ground Delivery Vehicles In Retail & Food
The final stage of product delivery from warehouses or distribution centres to end customers typically accounts for 28% of the overall product cost in the majority of supply chains. Costs associated with product delivery are frequently raised by urban congestion, the delivery of goods to remote and distant locations, inaccurate or incomplete address information, difficult-to-find destinations, and a severe labour shortage. Depending on the vehicle and the platform, automatic delivery could revolutionise the retail sector by cutting delivery costs by 80% to 90% compared to human labour.
Incorporation Of IOT in Ecosystem Of Aerial Delivery Drones is one of the major factors accelerating Autonomous Last Mile Delivery Market growth.
Drones are a new type of IoT device that is still evolving. They fly in the air and have extensive network connectivity capabilities. In order to relieve operators of the tiresome task of controlling them, cognitive computing-enabled intelligent drones need to be able to automatically recognise and track objects. This must be done within the power-constrained confines of a Li-Po battery. IoT's business applications have grown as a result of its integration with aerial delivery drones. Manufacturers are working to create drones with built-in processors. It is anticipated that these processors will assist drones in gathering data from various cloud services and connecting it to base control centres for data mining.
Recent strategic developments in the Autonomous Last Mile Delivery Market
The Autonomous Last Mile Delivery market has undergone several significant developments, and a few of these have been mentioned below:
- In June 2020, With the help of Shopify and OrderMark, 25 Kiwibots from Kiwi Campus have started delivering food and merchandise to consumers in downtown San Jose and Buena Vista, a predominantly Latino suburb southwest of the city centre.
- In April 2021, United Parcel Service disclosed that it has reached an agreement with Beta Technologies to purchase 10 electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft.
Several players drive the Autonomous Last Mile Delivery market by implementing strategic activities such as investments, new launches, mergers & acquisitions, and partnerships. Boxbot; Drone Delivery; Eliport; Flytrex; Marble; Matternet; Nuro; Skycart; Starship Technologies; Zipline are among the prominent players operating in the autonomous last mile delivery market.
The target audience for the report:
- Raw material providers
- Autonomous Last Mile Delivery Manufacturers
- Autonomous Last Mile Delivery service providers
- Lawn Mowe-related associations, organizations, forums, and alliances
- Government bodies, such as regulating authorities and policymakers
- Venture capitalists, private equity firms, and start-up companies
- Autonomous Last Mile Delivery component suppliers
- Autonomous Last Mile Delivery and components distributors and sales firms
- End users of Autonomous Last Mile Delivery
- Research institutes, organizations, and consulting companies
Scope of the report:
In this report, the Autonomous Last Mile Delivery market has been segmented based on:
- By Platform:
- Aerial Delivery Drones
- Ground Delivery Vehicle.
- By Payload Weight :
- Below 5 Kilograms
- 5-10 Kilograms
- Above 10 Kilograms
- By Range :
- Short Range (Less Than 20 Kilometers)
- Long Range (Above 20 Kilometers)
- North America
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- South & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- Companies profiled
- Drone Delivery
- Starship Technologies
The List of Companies
- Drone Delivery
- Starship Technologies