Report : North America Sports Nutrition Market Forecast to 2028 - COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis By Type (Sports Supplements, Sports Food, Sports Drinks, and Others), Formulation (Powder, Tablets, Capsules, and Others), and Distribution Channel (Convenience Stores, Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Specialty Stores, and Others)
At 8.5% CAGR, the North America Sports Nutrition Market is speculated to be worth US$ 32,947.90 million by 2028, says The Insight Partner
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the North America sports nutrition market was valued at US$ 20,244.66 million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 32,947.90 million by 2028, registering an annual growth rate of 8.5% from 2022 to 2028. Increasing prevalence of obesity and rising consumer base of sports nutrition are the critical factors attributed to the market expansion.
Obesity is also referred to as "globesity" as it has become a global public health crisis. The condition has a considerable effect on the musculoskeletal system, resulting in the degeneration of bones, cartilage, and ligaments. According to the study published by the WHO, the incidence of obesity among the population has tripled during 1975–2020. The vast prevalence of obesity is associated with unhealthy habits such as frequent junk food consumption, sedentary lifestyle, genetic conditions, and mental health deprivation. In common, most athletes and enthusiastic individuals who want to lose weight fall into two categories. Firstly, one who is obese based on body-fat levels. Secondly, one who is already lean but desires additional body fat loss. Some of these athletes fall into weight-sensitive, for example, endurance athletes, ski jumping, weight-class (e.g., wrestling, judo), or aesthetically judged (e.g., gymnastics, figure skating) sports. For athletes with extra body fat, weight loss could improve sports performance and lower the risk of chronic disease. For instance, a research study found that 21 % of their division 1 college football players (mean age, 20 years) were obese (≥25 % body fat) and had insulin resistance, while 9% had metabolic syndrome (all obese). Thus, for these athletes, weight loss could enhance performance and prevent the development of severe chronic disorders. Hence, the increased prevalence of obesity is anticipated to drive the sports nutrition market during the forecast period Thus, overweight status among athletes drives their focus on sports nutrition products.
On the contrary, availability of adulterated sports nutrition products hurdles the growth of North America sports nutrition market.
- Based on type, the North America sports nutrition market is segmented into sports supplements, sports food, sports drinks, and others. The sports supplements segment held 41.0% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 8,298.61 million. It is projected to garner US$ 13,670.49 million by 2028 to expand at 8.7% CAGR during 2022–2028. The sports supplements segment is further segmented into protein supplements, vitamins, minerals, and others. Similarly, sports food segment is categorized into protein bars, energy bars, and energy gels. Further, sports drinks segment is categorized into hypotonic, isotonic, and hypertonic.
- Based on formulation, the North America sports nutrition market is segmented into powder, tablets, capsules, and others. The powder segment held 43.4% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 8,779.17 million. It is projected to garner US$ 14,761.70 million by 2028 to expand at 9.0% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on distribution channel, the North America sports nutrition market is segmented into convenience stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, and others. The convenience stores segment held 36.0% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 7,287.84 million. It is projected to garner US$ 12,331.21 million by 2028 to expand at 9.2% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on country, the North America sports nutrition market has been categorized into the US, Canada, and Mexico. Our regional analysis states that the US captured 75.5% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 15,282.69 million in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 25,303.99 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 8.8% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the North America sports nutrition market are Abbott; Clif Bar & Company.; Glanbia Plc; GNC Holdings Inc.; Lovate Health Sciences International Inc.; MusclePharm Corporation; PepsiCo Inc.; The Coca-Cola Company; and Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd. among others.
- In Oct 2020, Glanbia’s new state-of-the-art cheese and whey plant begins production in Michigan.
- In Feb 2019, PepsiCo acquired CytoSport, the business behind protein shake brand Muscle Milk.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Phone: +1- 646- 491- 9876
Email id: email@example.com