Report : Europe Semiconductor Metrology and Inspection Market Forecast to 2028 – COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis – by Type (Wafer Inspection System, Mask Inspection System, and Thin Film Metrology), Technology (Optical and E-Beam), and Organization Size (Large Enterprises and SMEs)
At 4.8% CAGR, the Europe Semiconductor Metrology and Inspection Market is speculated to be worth US$ 1,653.57 million by 2028, says Business Market Insights
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the Europe semiconductor metrology and inspection market was valued at US$ 1,187.08 million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 1,653.57 million by 2028, registering an annual growth rate of 4.8% from 2022 to 2028. Surging number of semiconductor applications and rising use of metrology and inspection for advanced packaging processes are the critical factors attributed to the market expansion.
Semiconductors are employed as temperature sensors in air conditioners and are used in the CPUs that run personal computers. Semiconductors are also used in many digital consumer items, including mobile phones/smartphones, digital cameras, televisions, washing machines, refrigerators, and LED bulbs. Recent advancements in semiconductor chips offer automation in lighting in smart buildings. Lighting systems with semiconductor chips embedded within the luminaries allow sensors to draw on the same energy source as the lights in today's smart buildings to manage light autonomously. These sensors can measure the amount of light necessary in real-time and relay that information back to the management system. Also, Industry 4.0 is augmenting the usage of semiconductors for industrial sector. These factors drive the growth of the semiconductor metrology and inspection market. The number of semiconductor devices put in automobiles has been continually increasing. Car-mounted semiconductors are available in a variety of shapes and sizes. More semiconductors are likely to be employed in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) in the future. Thus, the growing demand for semiconductor-based products bolsters the semiconductor metrology and inspection market growth.
On the contrary, high setup cost of metrology and inspection equipment hurdles the growth of Europe semiconductor metrology and inspection market.
- Based on type, the Europe semiconductor metrology and inspection market is segmented into wafer inspection system, mask inspection system, and thin film metrology. The wafer inspection system segment held 69.4% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 824.21 million. It is projected to garner US$ 1,143.11 million by 2028 to expand at 4.8% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on technology, the Europe semiconductor metrology and inspection market is bifurcated into optical and E-beam. The optical segment held 75.2% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 893.00 million. It is projected to garner US$ 1,216.94 million by 2028 to expand at 4.5% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on organization size, the Europe semiconductor metrology and inspection market is bifurcated into large enterprises and SMEs. The large enterprises segment held 67.6% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 801.96 million. It is projected to garner US$ 1,134.45 million by 2028 to expand at 5.1% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on country, the Europe semiconductor metrology and inspection market has been categorized into the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Russia, and rest of Europe. Our regional analysis states that Germany captured 28.7% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 341.20 million in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 503.18 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the Europe semiconductor metrology and inspection market are Applied Materials, Inc.; ASML Holding N.V.; Hitachi High-Tech Corporation; JEOL Ltd; KLA Corporation; Lasertec Corporation; Nikon Metrology NV; Nova Ltd.; Onto Innovation; and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. among others.
- In 2021, Nova acquired ancosys GmbH, a privately held company headquartered in Pliezhausen Germany, in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $100 million, including a performance-based earn out of $10 million.
- In 2022, Lasertec announced the release of the MATRICS X9ULTRA series, a mask inspection system designed to inspect the photomasks used in extreme ultraviolet (EUV) lithography while their pellicles are not attached.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Phone: +1- 646- 491- 9876
Email id: email@example.com