Report : South America Tunable Diode Laser Analyzer Market Forecast to 2028 - COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis By Measurement Type (In-situ and Extractive), Gas Analyzer Type (Oxygen Analyzer, Ammonia Analyzer, COx Analyzer, Moisture Analyzer, Hx Analyzer, CxHx Analyzer, and Others), and Industry Application (Power, Oil & Gas, Mining & Metal, Chemicals, Fertilizers, Cement, and Others)
At 2.7% CAGR, the SAM Tunable Diode Laser Analyzer Market is speculated to be worth US$ 21.45 million by 2028, says Business Market Insights
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the SAM tunable diode laser analyzer market was valued at US$ 18.28 million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 21.45 million by 2028, registering an annual growth rate of 2.7% from 2022 to 2028. Rising demand in municipal waste incinerators and oil and gas applications and modernization and migration services of upgrading old industries to automate process industries are the critical factors attributed to the market expansion.
Mixed waste is incinerated in municipal waste incinerators (MWI), and the energy generated is used for district heating or power generation. As the humidity of the fuel burned varies, it is critical to keep track of the water vapor in the furnace in real-time. If the fuel is completely burned out, the combustion is efficient, and if too much air is fed into the combustion zone, unnecessary cooling occurs, resulting in lower power generation. Increased Nitrogen oxides (NOx) emissions are also linked to excess air. However, if the plant is operated in an oxygen-deficient environment, Carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions will increase. As a result, optimizing and continuously monitoring the amount of excess air is critical for maintaining an optimal combustion process. In situ oxygen concentration measurements have proven useful for optimizing the combustion process by using tunable diode laser analyzers in the hot combustion zone. Therefore, this is now one of the most common uses for tunable diode laser analyzers in the power industry. The technology rapidly replaces the older zirconia oxide (ZrO2) probes used earlier in the MWI plants. De-nitrification reduction processes remove nitrogen oxides from flue gas and convert nitrogen oxides to nitrogen and water; ammonia or urea is used as a reducing agent. The amount of Ammonia (NH3) used must be sufficient to reduce NOx effectively. However, a large amount of unused NH3 or ammonia should not be allowed to leak downstream in the process. Therefore, the tunable diode laser analyzer in-situ monitoring capability resulted in more accurate and faster NH3 slip measurements. MWI plants have been forced to remove hydrogen chloride (HCl) from flue gases due to increased environmental concerns and regulatory demands. The flue gases are cleaned with hydrated lime in a baghouse filter to reduce HCl emissions. Tunable diode laser analyzers are used to monitor HCl concentrations before and after the baghouse filter. The concentration of HCl in the raw gas before the filter controls the injection of new or re-circulated lime, and the analyzer after the filter verifies the levels emitted from the plant. The removal process is made more efficient, and lime consumption is reduced by using in situ monitoring of the HCl concentration. Reliable process data is directly related to product quality, plant safety, and resource efficiency. As a result, process analytics is an essential component of any modern chemical plant. Process analytical systems are required to provide precise information about product streams' composition, concentration, and purity. Gas chromatographs, infrared gas analyzers, and oxygen paramagnetic measurement analyzers are the analytic tools used. Accurate measuring results are required in any environment, whether under corrosive operating conditions or hazardous areas. Tunable diode laser analyzer technology is still in its early stages of adoption in the chemical and oil & gas industries. However, the technology is quickly gaining traction in certain applications where the TDL's selectivity and quick response time are critical. In the chemical industry, oxygen monitoring is especially important. When oxygen is used in a chemical reaction, its concentration must be kept under control to avoid explosive atmospheres. Safety monitoring is also important in chemical storage facilities. Competing technologies, such as paramagnetic sensors or ZrO2 sensors, face challenges because the environment can contain various gases, many of which are flammable, resulting in large measurement errors. The potential to increase the efficiency and reduce the maintenance of the plants will make tunable diode laser analyzer adoption necessary, thereby driving the market growth across the region.
On the contrary, availability of low-price competitive technologies hurdles the growth of SAM tunable diode laser analyzer market.
- Based on measurement type, the SAM tunable diode laser analyzer market is bifurcated into in-situ and extractive. The in-situ segment held 77.1% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 14.08 million. It is projected to garner US$ 16.85 million by 2028 to expand at 3.0% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on gas analyzer type, the SAM tunable diode laser analyzer market is segmented into oxygen analyzer, ammonia analyzer, COx analyzer, moisture analyzer, Hx analyzer, CxHx analyzer, and others. The oxygen analyzer segment held 32.9% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 6.02 million. It is projected to garner US$ 6.93 million by 2028 to expand at 2.4% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on industry application, the SAM tunable diode laser analyzer market is segmented into power, oil & gas, mining & metal, chemicals, fertilizers, cement, and others. The oil & gas segment held 30.4% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 5.56 million. It is projected to garner US$ 6.70 million by 2028 to expand at 3.1% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on country, the SAM tunable diode laser analyzer market has been categorized into Brazil, Argentina, and rest of SAM. Our regional analysis states that Brazil captured 76.1% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 13.90 million in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 16.09 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 2.5% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the SAM tunable diode laser analyzer market are ABB Ltd, Emerson Electric Co., METTLER TOLEDO, NEO Monitors AS, Siemens AG, Teledyne Analytical Instruments, and Yokogawa Electric Corporation among others.
- In 2019, Emerson’s new Rosemount™ CT4400 Continuous Gas Analyzer is the world’s first purpose-built Quantum Cascade Laser (QCL) and Tunable Diode Laser (TDL) analyzer designed to help plants reduce ownership costs and report emissions accurately in environmental monitoring applications measuring standard components, such as nitric oxide (NO), nitrogen dioxide (NO2), sulfur dioxide (SO2), carbon monoxide (CO), carbon dioxide (CO2), and oxygen (O2).
- In 2019, Yokogawa Electric Corporation has introduced the TDLS8100 probe type tunable diode laser spectrometer. The oil, petrochemical, electricity, iron, and steel sectors all have applications. The new TDLS8100, with its integrated light launcher and detector, eliminates the need for flanges and scaffolding, resulting in a 50 percent or larger decrease in installation costs.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Phone: +1- 646- 491- 9876
Email id: email@example.com