Report : North America Meat Snacks Market Forecast to 2028 – COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis – by Type (Jerky, Meat Sticks, Sausages, and Others), Source (Beef, Chicken, Pork, and Others), Category (Plain and Flavored), and Distribution Channel (Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Online Retail, and Others)
At 5.7% CAGR, the North America Meat Snacks Market is speculated to be worth US$ 6,459.45 million by 2028, says Business Market Insights
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the North America meat snacks market was valued at US$ 4,618.65 million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 6,459.45 million by 2028, registering a CAGR of 5.7% from 2022 to 2028. Increasing demand for high-protein snacks and surging popularity of chicken-based meat snacks are the critical factors attributed to the market expansion.
Since the past few years, the busy lifestyle and hectic work schedules have significantly increased the demand for convenience food. Regular meals are getting replaced with convenience food as it saves cooking time and still offers required nutrition. Nowadays, people seek functional benefits from all the food products they consume due to increased health and wellness concerns. They are progressively adopting healthier lifestyle due to rising prevalence of various diseases, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiac disorders. According to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2021, by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), obesity prevalence among adults aged 20 and above was 41.9% during 2017–2020. The growing consumption of junk and highly processed food coupled with the lack of physical activities has led to chronic health issues that need attention. As a result, consumers are altering their dietary habits and gravitating toward low-fat, low-calorie, high-protein, and flavored food products that can satiate taste buds and also serve nutritional requirements. With the rising preference of healthy and junk-free products, snacking habits of consumers are evolving substantially leading to the surging demand for meat snacks worldwide. Although, people enjoy snacking due to flexible consumption, the rising awareness toward health and fitness engage them in healthy dietary habits, which, in turn, drives the demand for protein-rich and largely flavored meat snacks. Being a good source of iron, creatine, vitamins, and minerals, meat snacks are highly suitable for people seeking high-protein and low-carb diet. Besides, consumers shifting rapidly toward high-protein diet post COVID-19 pandemic due to enhanced health consciousness, fuels the growth of North America meat snacks market.
On the contrary, increasing vegan population hurdles the growth of North America meat snacks market.
- Based on type, the North America meat snacks market is segmented into jerky, meat sticks, sausages, and others. The jerky segment held 40.3% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 1,861.01 million. It is projected to garner US$ 2,622.42 million by 2028 to expand at 5.9% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on source, the North America meat snacks market is segmented into beef, chicken, pork, and others. The beef segment held 67.5% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 3,119.88 million. It is projected to garner US$ 4,341.33 million by 2028 to expand at 5.7% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on category, the North America meat snacks market is segmented into plain and flavored. The flavored segment held 81.8% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 3,778.81 million. It is projected to garner US$ 5,397.67 million by 2028 to expand at 6.1% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on distribution channel, the North America meat snacks market is segmented into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience store, online retail, and others. The supermarkets and hypermarkets segment held 50.2% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 2,318.15 million. It is projected to garner US$ 3,187.51 million by 2028 to expand at 5.5% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on country, the North America meat snacks market is segmented into the US, Canada, and Mexico. Our regional analysis states that the US captured 77.1% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 3,559.96 million in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 4,957.71 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the North America meat snacks market are Bridgford Foods Corporation; Conagra Brands, Inc.; Country Archer Provisions; General Mills Inc.; Hormel Foods Corporation; Link Snacks Inc.; Organic Valley; Premium Brands; Tyson Foods Inc.; and Werner Gourmet Meat Snacks, among others.
- In 2022, Tyson Brand Launched Eerie-sistable Limited-Edition Halloween-Shaped Nuggets.
- In 2021, Country Archer Provisions debuts new lineup with the launch of Footlong Meat Sticks and Fuego Jerky.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Phone: +1- 646- 491- 9876
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org