Report : North America Glycomics Market Forecast to 2028 – COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis – by Product (Enzymes, Instruments, Kits, and Reagents), Application (Drug Discovery and Development, Diagnostics, Immunology, Cancer, and Others), and End User (Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Academic & Research Institutes, and Contract Research Organizations)
At 13.6% CAGR, the North America Glycomics Market is speculated to be worth US$ 1,289.32 million by 2028, says Business Market Insights
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the North America glycomics market was valued at US$ 598.44 million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 1,289.32 million by 2028, registering an annual growth rate of 13.6% from 2022 to 2028. Increased glycomics research and expanding R&D investments and rising use of glycomics in various diseases leading to development of new treatment processes are the critical factors attributed to the market expansion.
Glycomics is the study of glycans, or sugar structures, found in the human body. These glycans, which may be exceedingly complex, are found in many microbiome components, such as proteins and cell surfaces. Researchers and players are actively involved in the glycomics industry and are constantly focusing on advancing technologies that can offer better alternatives to conventional techniques. For instance, in June 2018, the introduction of the LCMS-9030 Quadrupole Time of Flight (Q-TOF) mass spectrometry (MS) system with informatics support, powered by PREMIER Biosoft's software solutions for lipidomics and glycomics data analysis, was announced by Shimadzu and PREMIER Biosoft, which provides bioinformatics solutions to life sciences laboratories. Shimadzu and PREMIER Biosoft have partnered with an objective to improve lipidomics and glycomics research. Further, in June 2022, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and TransMIT GmbH Center for Mass Spectrometric Developments established a co-marketing partnership to promote the use of mass spectrometry imaging (MSI) technology for spatial multi-omics applications in pharma and clinical laboratories. This instrument can be used for omics applications, such as pharmaco-kinetic research in various tissues, metabolomics, lipidomics, proteomics, and glycomics. These advancements and the rising investments are propelling the glycomics market significantly.
On the contrary, high cost of equipment and shortage of skilled professionals hurdles the growth of North America glycomics market.
- Based on product, the North America glycomics market is segmented into enzymes, instruments, kits, and reagents. The enzymes segment held 42.2% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 252.48 million. It is projected to garner US$ 557.67 million by 2028 to expand at 14.1% CAGR during 2022–2028. The enzymes segment is further segmented into glycosidases, glycosyl transferases, sialyltransferases, neuraminidases, and others. The instruments segment is also segmented into mass spectrometers, MALDI-TOF, HPLC, lectin arrays, antibody arrays, and others. Similarly, the kits segment is segmented into glycan release kits, glycan labeling kits, glycan purification kits, and others. Furthermore, the reagents segment is segmented into oligosaccharides, monosaccharides, glycoproteins, and others.
- Based on application, the North America glycomics market is segmented into drug discovery and development, diagnostics, immunology, cancer, and others. The drug discovery and development segment held 32.5% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 194.31 million. It is projected to garner US$ 428.02 million by 2028 to expand at 14.1% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on end user, the North America glycomics market is segmented into pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, academic & research institutes, and contract research organizations. The pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies segment held 47.1% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 281.62 million. It is projected to garner US$ 623.12 million by 2028 to expand at 14.2% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on country, the North America glycomics market has been categorized into the US, Canada, and Mexico. Our regional analysis states that the US captured 68.6% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 410.50 million in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 897.11 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 13.9% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the North America glycomics market are Agilent Technologies, Inc.; Bruker Corporation; MERCK KGaA; New England Biolabs; S-BIO (Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd.); Shimadzu Corporation; Takara Bio Inc.; Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; and Waters Corporation among others.
- In June 2022, Waters Corporation unveiled new instruments, software, and product enhancements to drive drug discovery and development at the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) 2022 Annual Conference. The products include the new Xevo G3 quadrupole time-of-flight (QTof) mass spectrometer and an electrospray ionization source for the high-resolution Waters SELECT SERIES Multi-Reflecting Time of Flight (MRT) mass spectrometer.
- In April 2022, Bruker Corporation launched and exhibited unique and novel capabilities for spatial multiomics, single-cell proteomics, and cell-line, tissue and plasma proteomics cancer research, at the AACR Annual Meeting 2022. Bruker also announced a partnership for the application of antibody kits for the Bruker timsTOF flex novel MALDI HiPLEX-IHC workflow for targeted protein expression profiling in tissue. Bruker’s timsTOF fleX platform integrates MALDI HiPLEX-IHC protein mapping with unbiased small molecule imaging (lipids, glycans, metabolites, xenobiotics) sections.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Phone: +1- 646- 491- 9876
Email id: email@example.com