Report : North America Epirubicin Market Forecast to 2028 – COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis – by Dosage (10mg/Vial, 50mg/Vial, 100mg/Vial, and 200mg/Vial), Application (Breast Cancer, Liver Cancer, Bladder Cancer, and Others), and Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies)
At 3.7% CAGR, the North America Epirubicin Market is speculated to be worth US$ 1,18,596.58 thousand by 2028, says Business Market Insights
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the North America epirubicin market was valued at US$ 95,445.28 thousand in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 1,18,596.58 thousand by 2028, registering an annual growth rate of 3.7% from 2022 to 2028. Rising prevalence of cancer and rising FDA approvals for cancer drugs are the critical factors attributed to the market expansion.
Epirubicin is an anticancer drug that falls under the category of anthracyclines and is used to treat breast cancer, stomach cancers, etc. It reduces the risk of relapse by attacking any remaining tumor cells after surgery or radiation therapy has removed most of them. According to the American Cancer Society, the global burden of cancer is estimated to have risen to 19.3 thousand new cases in 2021 and 10.0 thousand deaths in 2020. As per the National Cancer Institute (US), an increase in the incidence and prevalence of cancer has a significant impact on society. According to stats by the institute, in the US, nearly 1.8 thousand people were diagnosed with cancer, and about 606,520 people developed the disease in 2020. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), each year in the US, about 24,500 men and 10,000 women get liver cancer, and about 18,600 men and 9,000 women die from the disease. According to the International Agency for Research on Cancer, in 2020, the incidence of breast cancer was 2,261,419, accounting for approximately 11.7% of the total cancer cases. Moreover, the disease accounted for 684,996 mortalities in 2020. Thus, the high incidence rate associated with cancer is expected to impact market growth significantly. The percentage of people who get liver cancer has been rising for several decades. Liver cancer very common in several parts of the region. Hence, the rising prevalence of cancer cases is driving the epirubicin market across the region.
On the contrary, elevated risk of adverse effects due to epirubicin hurdles the growth of North America epirubicin market.
- Based on dosage, the North America epirubicin market is segmented into 10mg/vial, 50mg/vial, 100mg/vial, and 200mg/vial. The 50mg/vial segment held 39.5% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 37,718.72 thousand. It is projected to garner US$ 47,803.29 thousand by 2028 to expand at 4.0% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on application, the North America epirubicin market is segmented into breast cancer, liver cancer, bladder cancer, and others. The breast cancer segment held 74.4% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 70,963.81 thousand. It is projected to garner US$ 88,854.09 thousand by 2028 to expand at 3.8% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on distribution channel, the North America epirubicin market is segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The hospital pharmacies segment held 58.7% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 56,049.76 thousand. It is projected to garner US$ 71,224.02 thousand by 2028 to expand at 4.1% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on country, the North America epirubicin market has been categorized into the US, Canada, and Mexico. Our regional analysis states that the US captured 70.4% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 67,164.23 thousand in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 83,793.88 thousand by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.8% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the North America epirubicin market are Areva Pharmaceuticals, Fresenius Kabi AG, Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Mylan N.V., Pfizer Inc., Salius Pharma Pvt Ltd, and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. among others.
- In 2018, Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC (Hikma, Group) announced that its wholly-owned US subsidiary West-Ward Pharmaceuticals Corp. (West-Ward), had launched Epirubicin Hydrochloride Injection, USP, 50mg/25mL and 200mg/100mL vials, the generic equivalent to Ellence. West-Ward’s Epirubicin Hydrochloride Injection, USP is indicated as a component of adjuvant therapy in patients with evidence of axillary node tumor involvement following resection of primary breast cancer.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Phone: +1- 646- 491- 9876
Email id: email@example.com