Report : North America Doxorubicin Market Forecast to 2028 – COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis – by Drug Formulation (Lyophilized Powder and Doxorubicin Injection), Application (Breast Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Liver Cancer, Sarcoma, Ovarian Cancer, Lung Cancer, Leukemia, Multiple Myeloma, and Others), and Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, and Online Pharmacy)
At 6.3% CAGR, the North America Doxorubicin Market is speculated to be worth US$ 888.89 million by 2028, says Business Market Insights
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the North America doxorubicin market was valued at US$ 617.61 million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 888.89 million by 2028, registering an annual growth rate of 6.3% from 2022 to 2028. Increasing prevalence of cancer and increasing government funding, guidance, and technical assistance for cancer prevention are the critical factors attributed to the market expansion.
Cancer has become one of the leading causes of death across the region. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer was the first leading cause of death in people below 70 years in several countries across the region. The increasing prevalence of cancer has burdened healthcare systems across the region, bolstering the demand for chemotherapy. Doxorubicin is one of the primary drugs used as first-line treatment in chemotherapy. The drug is used to induce regression in disseminated neoplastic diseases, such as breast, ovarian, transitional cell bladder, thyroid, gastric, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, acute myeloblastic leukemia, Wilms' tumor, neuroblastoma, soft tissue and bone sarcomas, Hodgkin's disease, malignant lymphoma, and bronchogenic carcinomas. The drug is also recommended as adjuvant therapy in women who have had primary breast cancer removed and have axillary lymph node involvement. Although there may be a decline in the overall cancer mortality rate, certain types of cancer are on the rise. For Instance, according to Cancer Statistics, 2022, published in the American Cancer Society’s journal, the data from 2015 to 2019 indicated a 0.5% annual increase in female breast cancer cases. At the same time, the incidence of prostate cancer remained stable. Thus, the rising number of cancer patients is driving the doxorubicin market across the region.
On the contrary, potential side-effects associated with doxorubicin hurdles the growth of North America doxorubicin market.
- Based on drug formulation, the North America doxorubicin market is bifurcated into lyophilized powder and doxorubicin injection. The lyophilized powder segment held 67.0% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 413.86 million. It is projected to garner US$ 604.08 million by 2028 to expand at 6.5% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- ased on application, the North America doxorubicin market is segmented into breast cancer, kidney cancer, liver cancer, sarcoma, ovarian cancer, lung cancer, leukemia, multiple myeloma, and others. The breast cancer segment held 23.1% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 142.58 million. It is projected to garner US$ 194.07 million by 2028 to expand at 5.3% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on distribution channel, the North America doxorubicin market is segmented into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, and online pharmacy. The hospital pharmacy segment held 46.3% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 285.95 million. It is projected to garner US$ 402.36 million by 2028 to expand at 5.9% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on country, the North America doxorubicin market has been categorized into the US, Canada, and Mexico. Our regional analysis states that the US captured 85.0% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 524.77 million in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 765.66 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the North America doxorubicin market are Accord Healthcare; Baxter International Inc.; Cipla Inc.; Dr. Reddy's Laboratories; Janssen Pharmaceuticals (Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.); Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd.; Novartis AG; Pfizer Inc.; Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd; and Zydus Cadila among others.
- In September 2020, Zydus Cadila has received final approval from the USFDA to market Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome Injection This is the group's first approval for a complex injectable which has been developed in-house and will be manufactured at the group's facility located in SEZ.
- In August 2021, Johnson & Johnson to Acquire Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Expanding Janssen’s Leadership in Novel Treatments for Autoimmune Diseases.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Phone: +1- 646- 491- 9876
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org