Report : North America Directed Energy Weapons Market Forecast to 2028 - COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis By Technology (Laser, Microwave, Particle Beam, and Others), Range (Less Than 1 Mile and More Than 1 Mile), Application (Ground, Naval, and Airborne), and Platform (Armored Vehicles, Unmanned Systems, Handheld Systems, Aircraft Systems, Ships and Submarines, and Others)
At 22.2% CAGR, the North America Directed Energy Weapons Market is speculated to be worth US$ 2,705.66 million by 2028, says Business Market Insights
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the North America directed energy weapons market was valued at US$ 813.18 million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 2,705.66 million by 2028, registering an annual growth rate of 22.2% from 2022 to 2028. Raising adoption of DEW as countermeasure and surging vendors focusing on developing high-energy DEWs.
Manufacturers in the directed energy weapons market are working on developing countermeasures to missiles and rockets. Directed energy weapons such as microwaves, particle-beam, and lasers that are powered by electricity are in no need of complex supply chains as compared to missile batteries, hence there is high adoption of directed energy weapons instead of missiles. This is a driving factor for the DEW to be adopted by the military to utilize as countermeasures for threats, especially for units that operate within a range of an enemy’s missiles. Moreover, integrating directed energy with a mobile energy source, such as the one envisioned by the US Department of Defense's Project Pele, and usage of directed energy weapons as countermeasures will save a lot of money as they can counter incoming air attack and missile threats at far less cost than options that include kinetic weapons. Counter measuring such threats for a few dollars by generating electricity-powered laser shots is far more affordable compared to kinetic interceptors that cost millions of dollars. Directed energy weapons are an affordable means to defeat low-cost threats such as small UAVs. For instance, The US navy is developing microwave, laser, and electronic warfare as warship air and point defense systems, restricting the more expensive ship-launched missiles for offensive purposes. The 60-kilowatt HELIOS system is being deployed on the Arleigh Burke Flight IIA destroyer. Moreover, Optical Dazzling Interdictor, Navy (ODIN) is installed on three Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyers and will be installed for two more in the coming years.
On the contrary, critical health consequences of using directed-energy weapons.
- Based on platform, the North America directed energy weapons market is segmented into armored vehicles, unmanned systems, handheld systems, aircraft systems, ships and submarines, and others. The armored vehicles segment held 58.3% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 474.15 million. It is projected to garner US$ 1,481.51 million by 2028 to expand at 20.9% CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on range, the North America directed energy weapons market is bifurcated into less than 1 mile and more than 1 mile. The less than 1 mile segment held 100.0% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 813.18 million. It is projected to garner US$ 2,654.41 million by 2028 to expand at 21.8% CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on technology, the North America directed energy weapons market is segmented into laser, microwave, particle beam, and others. The laser segment held 82.0% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 666.94 million. It is projected to garner US$ 2,157.58 million by 2028 to expand at 21.6% CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on laser, the North America directed energy weapons market is categorized into ground, naval, and airborne. The ground segment held 70.3% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 571.79 million. It is projected to garner US$ 1957.04 million by 2028 to expand at 22.8% CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on country, the North America directed energy weapons market has been segmented into the US, Canada, and Mexico. Our regional analysis states that the US captured 100.0% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 813.18 million in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 2,697.27 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 22.1% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the North America directed energy weapons market are Lockheed Martin Corporation; Thales Group; L3Harris Technologies, Inc.; Elbit Systems Ltd.; Raytheon Technologies Corporation; BAE Systems; Honeywell International Inc.; Rheinmetall AG; Moog Inc.; and Boeing among others.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Phone: +1- 646- 491- 9876
Email id: email@example.com