Report : Middle East & Africa Whole Slide Imaging Market Forecast to 2028 – COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis – by Type (Hardware, Software, and Services), Application (Telepathology, Cytopathology, Immunohistochemistry, and Hematopathology), and End User (Hospitals, Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Companies, Laboratories, and Academic Research Institutes)
At 17.0% CAGR, the Middle East & Africa Whole Slide Imaging Market is speculated to be worth US$ 84.33 million by 2028, says Business Market Insights
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the Middle East & Africa whole slide imaging market was valued at US$ 32.95 million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 84.33 million by 2028, registering an annual growth rate of 17.0% from 2022 to 2028. Elevating developments in telemedicine technologies and burgeoning utilization of artificial intelligence for better processing and outcomes.
Telemedicine technologies incorporate the utilization of modern communication platforms intending to conduct virtual interaction between patients and healthcare professionals. Moreover, the technology deals with the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients with the help of telecommunication technologies. The adoption of telemedicine technologies allows the physician and patient to communicate over geographical boundaries. Digital pathology in whole slide imaging offers a significant way for image archiving and comprehensive analysis with the help of intelligent algorithms, allowing healthcare professionals to access and study images anywhere, anytime. This prominent benefit served by telemedicine technologies and growing investments are likely to offer lucrative growth opportunity for the market during the forecast period. Companies are focusing on the establishment of partnerships and collaborations in order to consolidate the reach of tele-health or remote pathology consultations. As, whole slide imaging enables image archive and sharing facility, the systems are expected to witness considerable demand in the near future. For instance, in February 2019, the collaboration of OptraSCAN and Neuberg Diagnostics announced launch of joint-ventured telepathology network in the UAE and South Africa. The collaboration emphasizes on serving advanced digital pathology-based solutions for better diagnostic outcomes. Further, companies are emphasizing on introduction of new technologies in order to deal complexities in telepathology. For instance, in August 2020, Motic Digital Pathology launched a cloud-based global telepathology platform for scanning and viewing of whole slide images from remote locations. Increasing number of developments in telemedicine technologies is projected to offer a lucrative growth opportunity for the market by 2027.
On the contrary, exorbitant cost associated with installation and maintenance of whole slide imaging.
- Based on type, the Middle East & Africa whole slide imaging market is segmented into hardware, software, and services. The hardware segment held 44.6% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 14.63 million. It is projected to garner US$ 38.60 million by 2028 to expand at 17.5% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on application, the Middle East & Africa whole slide imaging market is categorized into telepathology, cytopathology, immunohistochemistry, and hematopathology. The telepathology segment held 42.5% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 13.98 million. It is projected to garner US$ 36.25 million by 2028 to expand at 17.2% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on end user, the Middle East & Africa whole slide imaging market is segmented into academic research institutes, hospitals, pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies, and laboratories. The academic research institutes segment held 37.4% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 12.30 million. It is projected to garner US$ 31.82 million by 2028 to expand at 17.2% CAGR during 2022–2028
- Based on country, the Middle East & Africa whole slide imaging market has been segmented into the UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Rest of MEA. Our regional analysis states that the UAE captured 36.2% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 11.94 million in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 85.31 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 17.9% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the Middle East & Africa whole slide imaging market are 3DHISTECH Ltd.; Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.; Indica Labs; Leica Biosystems Nussloch GmbH (Danaher); Nikon Corporation; Olympus Corporation; Visiopharm A/S; Akoya Biosciences, Inc.; and Koninklijke Philips N.V. among others.
- In June 2020, Digital pathology firm Proscia announced it is collaborating with Royal Philips to advance an open ecosystem to accelerate and scale the adoption of digital pathology by laboratories.
- In December 2019, Akoya Biosciences, Inc. announced the full commercial release of new products that together form the most complete solution for high-parameter tissue imaging. These include the CODEX® System, and Phenoptics™ 2.0.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Email Id: email@example.com