Report : Middle East & Africa Embolotherapy Market Forecast to 2028 - COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis By Product (Embolic Agent and Support Device), Disease Indication (Cancer, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Neurological Disease, Urological and Nephrological Disorder, Gastrointestinal Disorder, and Other), Procedure [Transcatheter Arterial Embolization (TAE), Transcatheter Arterial Radioembolization (TARE)/Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT), and Transarterial Chemoembolization (TACE)], and End User (Hospital & Clinic, Ambulatory Surgery Center, and Other End User)
At 6.1% CAGR, the Middle East & Africa Embolotherapy Market is speculated to be worth US$ 261.89 million by 2028, says Business Market Insights
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the Middle East & Africa embolotherapy market was valued at US$ 183.66 million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 261.89 million by 2028, registering an annual growth rate of 6.1% from 2022 to 2028. Higher use of liquid embolic agents and widening applications of embolotherapy.
Among various types of embolic agents that are used, liquid embolic agents are gaining an increasing amount of attention owing to their advantages in distal infiltration in South Africa where solid embolic agents cannot reach, enabling more extensive embolization. Liquid formulations have a well-established role in the therapeutic embolization of blood vessels with the widespread use of cyanoacrylate glues, precipitating polymer suspensions, sclerosing agents, and viscous emulsions of oil and chemotherapeutic agents—the emerging market for next-generation liquid embolic aims to address a few shortcomings of the currently used products. There are currently two main liquid agents used for embolization procedures in the clinic in South Africa; ethylene-vinyl alcohol (EVA) copolymer solution (such as Onyx and Medtronic) and iodinated poppy seed oil (such as Lipiodol and Guerbet). Lipiodol has been used for many years as an imaging agent and is used off-label in the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), where it is mixed with aqueous chemotherapy solutions to create a viscous emulsion that aids in temporarily reducing blood flow. Prominent players are constantly focusing on maintaining their leadership position in the market by continuously introducing new products and improving the existing products to broaden the use of embolotherapy techniques. For instance, in July 2021, Terumo Medical Corporation announced the launch of its AZUR Vascular Plug, the first and only plug compatible with a microcatheter to occlude arteries up to 8mm in diameter. The newest addition to Terumo's robust embolization portfolio is indicated for use to reduce or block the rate of blood flow in arteries of the peripheral vasculature. In March 2022, Guerbet announced that it would double its line of microcatheters and launch a new line of guidewires to offer a broad range of interventional imaging and embolization solutions. SeQure by Guerbet is the only reflux control microcatheter enabling a fluid barrier technology for flow-directed embolization. The new model is designed to deliver more targeted treatment and use a wider range of beads blocks, from extra-small to large. Therefore, the use of liquid embolic is likely to introduce new trends in the embolotherapy market.
On the contrary, presence of other alternative therapies.
- Based on product, the Middle East & Africa embolotherapy market is segmented into embolic agents and support devices. The embolic agents segment held 83.2% market share in 2022, embolic agents US$ 152.86 million. It is projected to garner US$ 219.61 million by 2028 to expand at 6.2% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on disease indication, the Middle East & Africa embolotherapy market is categorized into cancer, neurological diseases, urological and nephrological disorders, peripheral vascular diseases, gastrointestinal disorders, and others. The cancer segment held 24.6% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 45.27 million. It is projected to garner US$ 66.60 million by 2028 to expand at 6.6% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on procedure, the Middle East & Africa embolotherapy market is segmented into transcatheter arterial embolization (TAE), transcatheter arterial radioembolization/selective internal radiation therapy, and transarterial chemoembolization (TACE). The transcatheter arterial embolization segment held 52.3% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 96.13 million. It is projected to garner US$ 139.80 million by 2028 to expand at 6.4% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on end user, the Middle East & Africa embolotherapy market is segmented into hospitals and clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and other end users. The hospitals and clinics segment held 72.4% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 133.04 million. It is projected to garner US$ 190.90 million by 2028 to expand at 6.2% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on country, the Middle East & Africa embolotherapy market has been segmented into Saudi Arabia, South Africa, the UAE, and Rest of MEA. Our regional analysis states that China captured 41.3% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 75.77 million in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 109.08 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the Middle East & Africa embolotherapy market are Abbott Laboratories; Boston Scientific Corporation; Cook Medical LLC; Johnson & Johnson; Medtronic; Acandis GmbH; Balt USA LLC; Stryker Corporation; Guerbet LLC; and Terumo Corporation among others.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Phone: +1- 646- 491- 9876
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org