Report : Middle East & Africa Active Grille Shutter Market Forecast to 2028 - COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis By Propulsion Type [ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) and Electric], Vane Type (Horizontal and Vertical), Vehicle Type [Passenger Vehicles, LCV (Light Commercial Vehicles) and HCV (Heavy Commercial Vehicles)]
At 2.9% CAGR, the Middle East & Africa active grille shutter market is speculated to be worth US$ 39.21 million by 2028, says Business Market Insights
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the Middle East & Africa active grille shutter market was valued at US$ 33.04 million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 39.21 million by 2028, registering an annual growth rate of 2.9% from 2022 to 2028. Growing adoption of EV and hybrid EV and broadening demand of AGS for super sport car or premium cars.
In 2020, more than 10 million electric cars were on the roads on the level. Most new EV registrations were for battery electric vehicles (BEV). Several factors contributed to the increase in electric car registrations in 2020. Major factors contributed to the reduction in carbon emissions and the longer range of the vehicle compared to ICE vehicles. Along with this, governments increased subsidy schemes and launched initiatives for EVs as part of stimulus packages to counter the effects of the pandemic. An increase in the adoption of EVs and Hybrid EVs will directly impact the sales of active grille shutters to be used in these vehicles over the next few years. Another aspect of the increasing demand for AGS in electric vehicles is the decreased need for cooling. Even though electric cars are less likely to need cooling compared to ICE vehicles, electric cars also need to cool their batteries and motors. The front-end module needs to be integrated with active grille shutters as it represents the source of air drag, which can significantly improve the performance of EVs.
On the contrary, expensive cost of AGS and the lack of awareness among customers.
- Based on battery type, the Middle East & Africa active grille shutter market is segmented into ICE and electric. The ICE segment held 92.2% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 30.45 million. It is projected to garner US$ 35.53 million by 2028 to expand at 2.6% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on application, the Middle East & Africa active grille shutter market is segmented into horizontal and vertical. The horizontal segment held 91.4% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 30.21 million. It is projected to garner US$ 36.00 million by 2028 to expand at 3.0% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on connectivity, the Middle East & Africa active grille shutter market is segmented into passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy commercial vehicles. The passenger vehicles segment held 82.6% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 27.30 million. It is projected to garner US$ 31.67 million by 2028 to expand at 2.5% CAGR during 2022–2028
- Based on country, the Middle East & Africa active grille shutter market has been segmented into the South Africa, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Rest of MEA. Our regional analysis states that Saudi Arabia captured 33.3% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 10.99 million in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 12.86 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 2.7% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the Middle East & Africa active grille shutter market are Valeo SA; HBPO GmbH; Magna International Inc.; TECHNIPLAS US LLC; and WIRTHWEIN AG among others.
- In 2022, Magna announced the opening of a new plant in Kechnec, Solvakia to expand its ADAS and electrification footprint.
- In 2020, Montaplast GmbH collaborated with Ford and Lanxess AG to develop a highly integrated hybrid front-end module with adjustable air flow for Ford Kuga SUV.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Email Id: email@example.com