Report : Europe Tethered Drones Market Forecast to 2028 – COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis – by Type (Quadcopter and Multicopter), Application (Inspection/Surveying/Mapping, Law Enforcement, Search & Rescue, and Others), and End User [Military and Commercial (Energy & Power, Media & Entertainment, Telecom, and Others)]
At 48.0% CAGR, the Europe Tethered Drones Market is speculated to be worth US$ 253.73 million by 2028, says Business Market Insights
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the Europe tethered drones’ market was valued at US$ 24.18 million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 253.73 million by 2028, registering an annual growth rate of 38.4% from 2022 to 2028. Growing demand for long operational ISR drones for military applications and expansion of tethered drones for commercial applications.
The wind turbines require periodic maintenance on a regular interval for efficient and constant operations, owing to which, different technologies are used to perform the quality check and inspection of the turbines. Tethered drones can provide support in detection and identification of faults in the turbines by providing real-time visual footage to the operators. The wind farms have numerous wind turbines installed across onshore and offshore platforms wherein, the challenges such as immediate identification of faults and defects are more often faced by the operators at the time of their respective operations. Moreover, majority of the wind turbine operators outsource their periodic maintenance activities for better management of their wind turbine operations. The wind turbine maintenance companies face severe challenge in manually performing checking of turbines and check for all the errors and defects that is leading to operational errors. Tethered drone helps to reduce the overall inspection time that can be utilized for applying the solution for those errors. Like wind farms, the building restoration operations require periodic maintenance for better management of older buildings. These includes from thermographic images and inspections of elaborate ornamentation on historic buildings to comprehensive checks for the smallest building cracks that can occur due to environmental impacts or land surface conditions. Tethered drones provide real-time inspection and monitoring of such buildings that helps to identify the restoration work areas in lesser time which is another major factor acting as an opportunity for market vendors. In addition, road and rail bridges are the critical infrastructure that connect two or more places. Hence it becomes very essential to keep such bridges maintained to withstand constantly increasing loads and function perfectly. The extensive inspection operations always lead to restrictions in usability of such bridges. Tethered drones can quickly cost-effectively replace simple visual inspections under and next to the bridges, as well as on the bridge piers. Thus, the tethered drone market players can attract the customers from wind farms, building restoration, and road & rail bridge maintenance companies to market their products. This factor would positively impact their businesses and drive the tethered drone market. This is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
On the contrary, higher weight of cables reduces the operational efficiency of tethered drone hurdles the growth of Europe tethered drone’s market.
- Based on type, the Europe tethered drones’ market is divided into quadcopter and multicopter. The quadcopter tethered drones segment held 72.2% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 17.47 million. It is projected to garner US$ 185.53 million by 2028 to expand at 48.3% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on end user, the Europe tethered drones’ market is categorized into military and commercial (energy & power, media & entertainment, telecom, and others). The military segment held 83.2% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 20.13 million. It is projected to garner US$ 211.11 million by 2028 to expand at 47.9% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on application, the Europe tethered drones’ market is categorized into inspection/surveying/mapping, law enforcement, search & rescue, and others. The law enforcement segment held 47.6% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 11.51 million. It is projected to garner US$ 121.61 million by 2028 to expand at 48.1% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on country, the Europe tethered drones’ market has been categorized into the France, Germany, Italy, UK, Russia, and Rest of Europe. Our regional analysis states that Russia captured 29.1% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 7.05 million in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 69.27 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 46.4% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the Europe tethered drones’ market are Acecore Technologies, ECA Group, Elistair, Fotokite, Novadem, Sky SAPIENCE, and Yuneec Holding Ltd., among others.
- In Nov 2021, Axon and Fotokite bring live streaming to public safety.
- In Feb 2021, NOVADEM will deliver in 2021, about fifty more micro-drones NX70 to the French Army.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Phone: +1- 646- 491- 9876
Email id: email@example.com