Report : Europe Directed Energy Weapons Market Forecast to 2028 - COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis By Technology (Laser, Microwave, Particle Beam, and Others), Range (Less Than 1 Mile and More Than 1 Mile), Application (Ground, Naval, and Airborne), and Platform (Armored Vehicles, Unmanned Systems, Handheld Systems, Aircraft Systems, Ships and Submarines, and Others)
At 18.7% CAGR, the Europe Directed Energy Weapons Market is speculated to be worth US$ 2,705.66 million by 2028, says Business Market Insights
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the Europe directed energy weapons market was valued at US$ 453.83 million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 1,271.23 million by 2028, registering an annual growth rate of 18.7% from 2022 to 2028. Rising the adoption of dew as countermeasures and growing military research & development programs for directed energy weapons.
Manufacturers in the directed energy weapons market are working on developing countermeasures to missiles and rockets. Directed energy weapons such as microwaves, particle-beam, and lasers that are powered by electricity are in no need of complex supply chains as compared to missile batteries, hence there is high adoption of directed energy weapons instead of missiles. This is a driving factor for the DEW to be adopted by the military to utilize as countermeasures for threats, especially for units that operate within a range of an enemy’s missiles. Counter measuring such threats for a few dollars by generating electricity-powered laser shots is far more affordable compared to kinetic interceptors that cost millions of dollars. Directed energy weapons are an affordable means to defeat low-cost threats such as small UAVs.
On the contrary, severe health consequences of using directed-energy weapons.
- Based on platform, the Europe directed energy weapons market is segmented into armored vehicles, unmanned systems, handheld systems, aircraft systems, ships and submarines, and others. The armored vehicles segment held 74.3% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 337.34 million. It is projected to garner US$ 961.08 million by 2028 to expand at 19.1% CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on range, the Europe directed energy weapons market is bifurcated into less than 1 mile and more than 1 mile. The less than 1 mile segment held 94.7% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 429.96 million. It is projected to garner US$ 2,654.41 million by 2028 to expand at 21.8% CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on technology, the Europe directed energy weapons market is segmented into laser, microwave, particle beam, and others. The laser segment held 82.0% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 666.94 million. It is projected to garner US$ 1,186.91 million by 2028 to expand at 18.4% CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on laser, the Europe directed energy weapons market is categorized into ground, naval, and airborne. The ground segment held 80.2% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 364.19 million. It is projected to garner US$ 1,035.32 million by 2028 to expand at 19.0% CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on country, the Europe directed energy weapons market has been segmented into France, Germany, Italy, the UK, Russia, and Rest of Europe. Our regional analysis states that Russia captured 35.0% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 158.91 million in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 414.68 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 17.3% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the Europe directed energy weapons market are Lockheed Martin Corporation; Thales Group; L3Harris Technologies, Inc.; Elbit Systems Ltd.; Raytheon Technologies Corporation; BAE Systems; Honeywell International Inc.; Rheinmetall AG; Moog Inc.; and Boeing among others.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Phone: +1- 646- 491- 9876
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org