Report : Asia Pacific Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis Market Forecast to 2028 - COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis By Type (Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis), Product (Devices, Consumables, and Services), and End User (Hospital-Based and Home-Based)
At 7.7% CAGR, the Asia Pacific hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market is speculated to be worth US$ 29,972.11 million by 2028, says Business Market Insights
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the Asia Pacific hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market was valued at US$ 19,255.20 million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 29,972.11 million by 2028, registering an annual growth rate of 6.3% from 2022 to 2028. Home care dialysis being given preference and major players adopting new market strategies are the critical factors attributed to the market expansion.
The hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market is characterized by the presence of big and small companies. To increase their market share, players are adopting strategies such as product launches, regional expansions, and technological advancements. Continuous innovations and technological advancements are resulting in the introduction of safer and more effective hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis, leading to increased acceptance among patients and medical societies.
• A few recent developments related to hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis are mentioned below.
• In May 2021, Mar Cor Purification, Inc., a Cantel Medical Corp. business, announced the launch of the EON Portable Dialysis Water System. The portable water purification device uses reverse osmosis (RO) to remove organic and inorganic substances and microbial contaminants from water that feeds into hemodialysis machines to treat hemodialysis patients or related therapies. The water system quickly delivers and efficiently produces medical-grade water for single-patient hemodialysis treatments in hospitals, clinics, skilled nursing centers, and home environments.
• In May 2021, DaVita Inc. expanded its home kidney care program to include the HomeChoice Claria Automated Peritoneal Dialysis (APD) system enabled by Sharesource remote patient monitoring from Baxter International Inc. This new technology further enhanced DaVita's home dialysis program and is another important step forward to enable more patients to choose to treat their kidney failure at home.
Such developments and launches of new products are likely to bring new trends in the hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market in the coming years.
On the contrary, various risks and complications associated with dialysis hurdles the growth of Asia Pacific hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market.
Based on type, the Asia Pacific hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market is bifurcated into hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. The former held 84.5% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 15,087.68 million. It is projected to garner US$ 25,715.83 million by 2028 to expand at 7.9% CAGR during 2022–2028.
Based on product, the Asia Pacific hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market is segmented into devices, consumables, and services. With 67.6% share of the domain, the services segment dominated the market in 2022. It accrued US$ 13,018.05 million in 2022 and is estimated to generate US$ 20,332.59 million by 2028 to grow at a CAGR of 7.7% over the forecast period.
Based on end user, the Asia Pacific hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market is segmented into hospital-based and home-based. The hospital-based segment held a larger share in 2022 with a market share of 89.7%. Further it accrued US$ 17,263.67 million in 2022 and is expected to reach at US$ 26,697.40 million at a decent CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period.
Our regional analysis states that China captured 29.3% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 5,632.15 million in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 8,676.92 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the Asia Pacific hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market are Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd.; B. Braun Melsungen AG; Baxter International Inc.; DaVita Inc.; Dialife SA; Diaverum; Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co KGaA; Nipro Medical Corporation; and Rockwell Medical, Inc., among others.
The companies are focused on adopting organic growth strategies such as product launches and expansions to sustain their position in the dynamic market. For instance:
- Baxter International Inc. presented a new data at the "World Congress of Nephrology" indicating the use of Baxter’s Sharesource remote patient management platform with an automated peritoneal dialysis (APD) cycler that may improve the clinical effectiveness of home kidney patients care by extending their time on therapy by 3.4 months.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG acquires a specialist in the preparation of dialysis concentrates, Intermedt Medizin & Technik GmbH. The acquisition has helped B. Braun Melsungen AG to complete the extensive product portfolio of its B. Braun Avitum division as a systems provider for extracorporeal blood treatment (dialysis).
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Phone: +1- 646- 491- 9876
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org