Report : Asia-Pacific Glycomics Market Forecast to 2028 – COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis – by Product (Enzymes, Instruments, Kits, and Reagents), Application (Drug Discovery and Development, Diagnostics, Immunology, Cancer, and Others), and End User (Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Academic & Research Institutes, and Contract Research Organizations)
At 13.9% CAGR, the APAC Glycomics Market is speculated to be worth US$ 699.78 million by 2028, says Business Market Insights
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the APAC glycomics market was valued at US$ 320.16 million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 699.78 million by 2028, registering an annual growth rate of 13.9% from 2022 to 2028. Wide applications of glycomics and new tools in glycomics research are the critical factors attributed to the market expansion.
Glycomics is a novel method for creating medicines. It draws on the knowledge that glycans serve as the primary means of altering numerous molecules in biological systems. This alteration provides those molecules with their complete, functional form. Glycans are found in most top-selling biologics and half of the therapeutic proteins (including antibodies against COVID-19). These proteins' glycans have been tailored to improve their effectiveness, lower the dosages required, and lessen negative effects. For instance, understanding the biological functions of glycans has led to their inclusion as essential ingredients in medications for the treatment of diabetes, the prevention of blood clotting, and the improvement of in vitro fertilization. Changes in the glycans on a microbe's surface are frequently connected to the microorganisms' resistance to popular medications. This property has been used in various ways, including detecting glycans in infection samples, disabling the protective biofilms formed by the infecting bacteria, and weakening the glycan-rich cell walls of microorganisms. More than 130 uncommon genetic illnesses, many of which are fatal in childhood, are brought on by errors in how human systems metabolize glycans. Understanding the glycans responsible for some of these problems has helped develop therapies. Because they can play a crucial role in how bacteria and viruses attack humans and escape our immune systems, glycans are employed in vaccinations. Additionally, more recent research on the virus that causes COVID-19 has shown infection pathways that depend on the virus's usage of human glycans. Glycans determine human blood types and reactions to organ transplants or blood transfusions. The blood or organ must match the blood group to be accepted. Researchers have modified a pig to eliminate, among other things, the principal mismatched blood group-a sugar to enable a new supply of donor organs since matched donor organs can be challenging to find quickly. A human experimental heart transplant was conducted in early 2022 through this technology. Therefore, greater adoption of glycomics in various research areas would eventually lead to a rise in the demand for these techniques, creating more research and developmental opportunities in the longer run. Such initiatives are anticipated to create new opportunities for the glycomics market during the forecast period.
On the contrary, high cost of equipment and shortage of skilled professionals hurdles the growth of APAC glycomics market.
- Based on product, the APAC glycomics market is segmented into enzymes, instruments, kits, and reagents. The enzymes segment held 43.7% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 139.94 million. It is projected to garner US$ 313.32 million by 2028 to expand at 14.4% CAGR during 2022–2028. The enzymes segment is further segmented into glycosidases, glycosyl transferases, sialyltransferases, neuraminidases, and others. The instruments segment is also segmented into mass spectrometers, MALDI-TOF, HPLC, lectin arrays, antibody arrays, and others. Similarly, the kits segment is segmented into glycan release kits, glycan labeling kits, glycan purification kits, and others. Furthermore, the reagents segment is segmented into oligosaccharides, monosaccharides, glycoproteins, and others.
- Based on application, the APAC glycomics market is segmented into drug discovery and development, diagnostics, immunology, cancer, and others. The drug discovery and development segment held 33.6% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 107.57 million. It is projected to garner US$ 240.19 million by 2028 to expand at 14.3% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on end user, the APAC glycomics market is segmented into pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, academic & research institutes, and contract research organizations. The pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies segment held 49.1% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 157.26 million. It is projected to garner US$ 352.60 million by 2028 to expand at 14.4% CAGR during 2022–2028.
- Based on country, the APAC glycomics market has been categorized into China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, and rest of APAC. Our regional analysis states that China captured 25.7% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 82.44 million in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 186.42 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 14.6% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the APAC glycomics market are Agilent Technologies, Inc.; Bruker Corporation; MERCK KGaA; New England Biolabs; S-BIO (Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd.); Shimadzu Corporation; Takara Bio Inc.; Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; and Waters Corporation among others.
In Jan 2022, Shimadzu Corporation introduced the MALDI-8030. Like the class-leading MALDI-8020, the MALDI-8030 also uses an identical innovative instrument design to produce a compact footprint, whilst still achieving performance specifications like larger, more expensive MALDI-TOF models. The added feature of a dual-polarity ion source provides further versatility for users.
- In June 2021, Waters Corporation introduced the Waters SELECT SERIES, a high-resolution mass spectrometer that combines Multi Reflecting Time-of-Flight (MRT) technology with both enhanced DESI and new MALDI imaging sources. Together, these technologies enabled scientists to explore molecular structure and function through the precise identification and localization of individual molecules in samples, with a unique combination of speed, resolution, and mass accuracy.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Phone: +1- 646- 491- 9876
Email id: email@example.com