Report : Asia Pacific Directed Energy Weapons Market Forecast to 2028 - COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis By Technology (Laser, Microwave, Particle Beam, and Others), Range (Less Than 1 Mile and More Than 1 Mile), Application (Ground, Naval, and Airborne), and Platform (Armored Vehicles, Unmanned Systems, Handheld Systems, Aircraft Systems, Ships and Submarines, and Others)
At 26.8% CAGR, the Asia Pacific Directed Energy Weapons Market is speculated to be worth US$ 2,705.66 million by 2028, says Business Market Insights
According to Business Market Insights’ research, the Asia Pacific directed energy weapons market was valued at US$ 330.88 million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 1,376.26 million by 2028, registering an annual growth rate of 26.8% from 2022 to 2028. Strengthening military research & development programs for directed energy weapons and widening the adoption of DEW as countermeasures.
Improved system dependability is a key consideration when choosing a directed energy weapon. The use of cutting-edge technology with the integration of hardware components disseminates across a range of military assets, such as combat vehicles, unidentified objects, drones, and UAVs. Modern directed-energy weapons with exceptional precision have made it necessary for nations with border disputes and regional threats to rely on such cutting-edge weapons for their border safety. For instance, Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) directed energy demonstrator development program targets technical risk reduction and maturation for high-powered strategic lasers, beam control, lethality, and associated technologies. In FY2021, the MDA’s directed energy demonstrator development program received US$ 42 million in funding from department of defense. For FY2022, the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) proposed US$ 107 million for high-energy laser development. Moreover, China is focused on R&D for directed energy weapons. Future DEW systems are most certainly to be developed more powerful than current systems using realistic klystron amplifier technology, as reported by the Chinese researchers. For instance, in Shanghai, researchers are developing a DEW system to enable a firing range of 100-petawatt laser shots by 2023.
On the contrary, severe health consequences of using directed-energy weapons.
- Based on platform, the Asia Pacific directed energy weapons market is segmented into armored vehicles, unmanned systems, handheld systems, aircraft systems, ships and submarines, and others. The armored vehicles segment held 61.6% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 203.76 million. It is projected to garner US$ 881.36 million by 2028 to expand at 27.6% CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on range, the Asia Pacific directed energy weapons market is bifurcated into less than 1 mile and more than 1 mile. The less than 1 mile segment held 87.8% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 290.51 million. It is projected to garner US$ 1,244.29 million by 2028 to expand at 27.4% CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on technology, the Asia Pacific directed energy weapons market is segmented into laser, microwave, particle beam, and others. The laser segment held 88.0% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 291.33 million. It is projected to garner US$ 1,187.99 million by 2028 to expand at 26.4% CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on laser, the Asia Pacific directed energy weapons market is categorized into ground, naval, and airborne. The ground segment held 64.4% market share in 2022, amassing US$ 213.11 million. It is projected to garner US$ 918.32 million by 2028 to expand at 27.6% CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on country, the Asia Pacific directed energy weapons market has been segmented into Australia, China, India, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of APAC. Our regional analysis states that China captured 92.6% market share in 2022. It was assessed at US$ 306.50 million in 2022 and is likely to hit US$ 1,223.06 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 25.9% during the forecast period.
Key players dominating the Asia Pacific directed energy weapons market are Lockheed Martin Corporation; Thales Group; L3Harris Technologies, Inc.; Elbit Systems Ltd.; Raytheon Technologies Corporation; BAE Systems; Honeywell International Inc.; Rheinmetall AG; Moog Inc.; and Boeing among others.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Phone: +1- 646- 491- 9876
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org