Post-harvest Treatment Market by Type (Coatings, Ethylene Blockers, Cleaners, Fungicides, Sprout Inhibitors, Sanitizers), Application (Fruits, and Vegetables): Global Market Size Estimates and Forecast (2022-2030)
The market crossed US$ 1,510.50 million mark in 2022 and is expected to hit US$ 2,518.42 million by 2030, recording a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period.
The increasing rate of post-harvest losses of fruits & vegetables is expected to fuel the post-harvest treatment market
The Post-harvest treatments mainly aim to extend the shelf-life of the farm product. It is a process that combines the use of different unit operations after harvesting. Post-harvest treatment for fruit, vegetables, and root crops is done to keep the product clean, avoid moisture loss, and slow down undesirable chemical changes. It also helps to avoid physical damage such as bruising and to delay spoilage. It largely determines the final quality of a crop, whether it is for fresh consumption or used as an ingredient in a processed food product.
Within the report, the market is segmented into type, application, and geography. By type, the market is further segmented into coatings, ethylene blockers, cleaners, fungicides, sprout inhibitors, and sanitizers. By application, the market is categorized into fruits, and vegetables. Geographically, the market is sub-segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South & Central America, and Middle East & Africa.
Growing need for developed post-harvest treatment technology to overcome the post-harvest losses a factor driving the post-harvest treatment market
Acerola The post-harvest treatment market witnessed lucrative growth due to increased post-harvest handling losses. The post-harvest treatments such as coatings, sanitizers, and cleaners are attributed to reducing post-harvest losses. The fruits and vegetables are perishable produce. The use of post-harvest products helps delay ripening, increase shelf life, and maintain the appearance and quality of the fruit. Moreover, the benefits and nutrient content awareness of fruits and vegetables drive the demand for fruits and vegetables among the population to maintain health and wellness. All these factors are expected to contribute significantly to the market's growth.
The rising demand for exotic vegetables due to increased hospitality propels the post-harvest treatment demand. Also, the fruit industry’s demand for post-harvest treated produce.
Growing demand for exotic vegetables driving the post-harvest treatment market
The Increasing global demand for exotic fruits & vegetables is driving the need for a post-harvest treatment market. Furthermore, the growth of the fresh fruits & vegetable industry worldwide is also projected to significantly influence the post-harvest treatment market. Moreover, the increasing rate of post-harvest losses of fruits & vegetables is expected to fuel the post-harvest treatment market in the upcoming time. Growing consumer demand for organic fruits & vegetables in developed countries is anticipated to generate untapped opportunity for the market participants.
Recent strategic developments in the acerola extract market
The post-harvest treatment market has undergone several significant developments, and a few of these have been mentioned below:
- In May 2018, AgroFresh agreed to partner with Pagoda to expand its business in the Chinese market.
- In March 2021, Janssen PMP agreed with Lipofabrik SAS, specialising in lipopeptides' production, purification, formulation, and marketing.
- In July 2018, AgroFresh announced its collaboration with Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc. This agreement was aimed to promote its RipeLock quality systems for consumers across North America.
- In September 2021, Pace International LLC introduced PrimaFresh 60 OR, developed specifically to enhance dehydration control in stone fruit and maximize its fresh appeal.
- In March 2021, Citrosol introduced Citrocide Fresh Cut, which helps to control the decay of pepper, tomatoes, and avocadoes.
The post-harvest treatment market is driven by several players by implementing strategic activities such as investments, new launches, mergers & acquisitions, and partnerships. AgroFresh, DuPont, FMC Corporation, JBT Corporation, and Nufarm are among the prominent players operating in the market.
Target audience for the report:
- Raw material providers
- Post-harvest treatment-related service providers
- Post-harvest treatment chemicals suppliers
- Food and safety associations, organizations, forums, and alliances
- Government bodies, such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Venture capitalists, private equity firms, and start-up companies
- Coatings, Ethylene Blockers, Cleaners, Fungicides suppliers
- Post-harvest treatment distributors and sales firms
- End users of post-harvest treatment
- Research institutes, organizations, and consulting companies
Scope of the report:
In this report, the market has been segmented on the basis of:
- Ethylene Blockers
- Sprout Inhibitors
- North America
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- South & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- Companies profiled
- FMC Corporation
- JBT Corporation
- FMC Corporation
- JBT Corporation