Cell Culture Market by Product (Equipment and Consumables); Application (Biopharmaceutical Therapeutics, Stem Cell Technology, Cancer Research, Drug Screening and Development, Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, and Other Applications); End User (Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, and Research Institutes) and Geography: Global Market Size Estimates and Forecast (2022-2030)
The market crossed the US$ 17.0 billion mark in 2022 and is expected to hit US$ 32.0 billion by 2030, recording a CAGR of 10.0% during the forecast period.
The cell analysis market has been significantly growing with the increased preference for cell-based assays in drug discovery.
The conventional methods for drug safety assessment involving animal protocols are high-priced, offer low throughput, and are time-consuming. The novel cell-based assays are a combination of animal models and cell cultures, enabling researchers to enhance lead identification's efficacy in early diagnosis. In addition, cell-based assays provide cost-effective and faster drug discovery solutions which have also propelled the market growth. The software segment accounts for the largest share in the cell analysis market.
Within the report, the market is segmented into product, technique, application, end-user, and geography. By product type, the market is further bifurcated into consumables and instruments. On the basis of technique, the market is bifurcated into flow cytometry and high content screening. By application, the market is categorized into cell identification, cell viability, cell signaling pathway/signal transduction, cell proliferation, cell counting & quality control, cell interaction, cell structure study, target identification & validation, and single-cell analysis. Based on end-user, the market is divided into hospitals and academic & research institutes, contract research organizations (CROs) and pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, laboratories, cell culture collection repositories, and others. Geographically, the market is sub-segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South & Central America, and Middle East & Africa.
The rising demand of cell-based assays in drug discovery will empower the growth of futuristic innovations.
Cell analysis involves the study of cells isolated from tissues in multicellular and unicellular organisms. The cellular analysis is critical in gene identification, protein identification, epigenomics, and other life science-related areas. It is a natural process to study an organism's genetic and phenotypical characteristics. The growth in the market is attributed to the development of the healthcare industry and the surge in incidences of cancer. In addition, the advent of technologically advanced products and the increase in hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, and others fuel market growth.
Single-cell analysis is one of the major factors accelerating market growth.
Single-cell analysis studies the single-cell level's genomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, and metabolomics. Due to the heterogeneity in both eukaryotic and prokaryotic cell populations, analyzing a single cell makes it possible to discover mechanisms. Many single-cell analysis techniques require the separation of individual cells. Single-cell research can study diseases and drug development since it allows for in-depth analysis of stem cell differentiation, cancer, and physiological functions in embryos and adults.
Recent strategic developments in the cell analysis market
The cell analysis market has undergone several significant developments, and a few of these have been mentioned below:
- In 2022, Becton, Dickinson and Company launched a high-throughput cell sorter that combines fluorescence with visual imaging. The sorter is useful for research applications to identify and categorize cell populations at the single-cell level
- In 2020, Agilent Technologies launched NovoCyte Penteon, a sensitive flow cytometer with five lasers and up to 30 fluorescence channels.
- In 2020, Thermo Fisher Scientific completed the acquisition of phitonex, inc. This acquisition enabled Thermo fisher to expand its flow cytometry and imaging multiplexing capabilities in protein and cell analysis research.
Several players drive the cell analysis market by implementing strategic activities such as investments, new launches, mergers & acquisitions, and partnerships. Agilent Technologies Inc., BD Biosciences, Bio-RAD Laboratories Inc., Danaher Corporation, Illumina Inc., Merck KGaA, Miltenyi Biotec, Olympus Corporation, PerkinElmer Inc., Promega Corporation, Sysmex Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific, are among the prominent players operating in the market.
Target audience for the report:
- Drug developing companies
- Contract development and manufacturing organization,
- Drug discovery-related associations, organizations, forums, and alliances
- Government bodies, such as regulating authorities and policymakers
- Venture capitalists, private equity firms, and start-up companies
- Drug distributors and sales firms
- End users of drug discovery
- Research institutes, organizations, and consulting companies
Scope of the report:
In this report, the market has been segmented on the basis of:
- Flow cytometry
- High content screening
- Cell identification
- Cell Viability
- Cell signaling pathway/signal transduction
- Cell proliferation
- Cell counting & quality control
- Cell Interaction
- Target identification & validation
- Cell structure study
- Single cell analysis
- End User:
- Hospitals and academic & research institutes
- Contact research organizations
- Academic and Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies
- Cell culture collection repositories
- North America
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- South & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- Companies profiled
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- 10x Genomics
- Corning Incorporated
- Meiji Techno
- Tecan Trading AG
- BioStatus Limited
- General Electric
- General Electric Company
- Sartorius AG
- Merck KGaA
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc
- Hi-Media Laboratories