C-Reactive Protein Rapid Test Market by Type (Immunoturbidimetric Assay, ELISA, Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (CLIA), and Others) and End-Users (Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories, and Others): Global Market Size Estimates and Forecast (2022-2030)
The market crossed US$ 4.70 billion in 2022 and is expected to hit US$ 5.14 billion by 2030, recording a CAGR of 1.12% during the forecast period
The immunoturbidimetric assays held the largest revenue share due to their wide applications
Immunoturbidimetric methods have become the leading method for performing specific protein tests. Over time considerably, immunoturbidimetric assays have improved. These improvements include enhancements in instrument technique, advances in antibody purification processes, and the function and production of new reference materials based on global standardization initiatives. Technological advancements in immunoturbidimetric assays are anticipated to fuel market growth in the coming years. Researchers worldwide actively develop advanced and innovative assays to help rapid and accurate CRP testing. For instance, according to a study published in January 2021, India documented the use of latex-enhanced immunoturbidimetric assay for elevated sensitivity and wide-range C-reactive protein detection in human serum.
Within the report, the market is segmented into type, end-users, and geography. Based on type, the global C-reactive protein rapid test market is segmented into the immunoturbidimetric assay, ELISA, chemiluminescence immunoassay (CLIA), and others. The global market is segmented on end-users into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, and others. Geographically, the market is sub-segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South & Central America, and Middle East & Africa.
The increasing product launched along with the growing adoption of POC testing
The number of point-of-care testing has steadily increased over the last 40 years since its widespread introduction. The point-of-care market is likely to grow with the introduction of new products to deliver affordable care at the facilities located at the closest-possible distances from the patient's location. New technologies or products are being refined and improved to provide easier-to-use devices with incremental improvements in analytical performance. The growth of the POC market is attributed to the introduction of new devices. For instance, in May 2020, ProciseDx Files 510k and Prepares for the EU launch of Novel Point of Care Technology. The test measures C Reactive Protein (CRP) levels from fingerstick whole blood in 2 minutes. CRP is an inflammatory marker commonly used in gastrointestinal practice, and the test is performed using ProciseDx's FRET (Florescent Resonance Energy Transfer) Point of Care instrument.
Advancements in nanotechnological tools are expected to deliver a profitable perspective in creating portable bioanalytical assays
Nanotechnology is a rapidly growing field and established an interdisciplinary trend between almost all branches of science and technology. It is an integral component of real-world design and innovations; also, it has impacted BioAnalytical sciences through the evolution of novel nanotools, nanodevices, nanosensors, and nanosorbents in analytical procedures. As a result, bioanalytical science has played a crucial role in exploring the nanoglobe. In general, nanomaterials are nano-sized structures with extraordinary physical and chemical effects and unique large specific surface areas. These have enhanced the detection sensitivity and miniaturized the devices in bioanalytical methods. Also, these nanomaterials of different compositions, morphologies and functionalization have provided powerful tools for bioanalysis systems.
The c-reactive protein rapid test market has undergone several significant developments, and a few of these have been mentioned below:
- In July 2022, Bloom Diagnostics launched the Bloom Inflammation Test, designed to test for the quantitative measurement and existence of the C-Reactive Protein (CRP) using the bloom system. The bloom inflammation test is organized to be used by proficient clinicians, allowing doctors and pharmacists to rapidly estimate and quantify inflammation in anyone 18 years old and above
- In January 2022, LumiraDx announced its C-reactive protein (CRP) Test had achieved CE Marking. The LumiraDx CRP Test is a small, fully automated, portable, microfluidic immunoassay test used to quantitatively select C-reactive protein with results within four minutes. The measurement of CRP provides important information for detecting and evaluating infection and inflammation.
The c-reactive protein rapid test market is driven by several players by implementing strategic activities such as investments, new launches, mergers & acquisitions, and partnerships. HORIBA Ltd; Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc; Quest Diagnostics; F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd; Abbott; Siemens Healthineers; Danaher; Ortho Clinical Diagnostics; Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings; and Merck and Co., Inc are among the prominent players operating in the market.
The target audience for the report:
- Raw Material Providers
- Associations, Organizations, Forums, And Alliances
- Government Bodies, Such as Regulating Authorities and Policymakers
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Venture Capitalists, Private Equity Firms, and Start-Up Companies
- Research Institutes, Organizations, and Consulting Companies
Scope of the report:
In this report, the market has been segmented based on:
- Drug Class:
- Immunoturbidimetric Assay
- Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (CLIA)
- Diagnostic Laboratories
The List of Companies
- HORIBA Ltd
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc
- F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Quest Diagnostics
- Siemens Healthineers
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Merck and Co., Inc